BenaCel® dental dressing is made of biocompatible oxidized cellulose and contains no chemical additives. BenaCel® dental dressing adheres to moist oral mucosa and forms a temporary barrier protecting the wound from
further irritation and pain. When placed in the extraction socket, BenaCel® dental
dressing forms a gelatinous scaffold in the blood extrude, facilitating the development of a stable blood clot to prevent dry socket formation.
BenaCel® dental dressing is designed for use in the extraction site and the management of bleeding and alveolar osteitis (dry socket). It may also be used as a wound dressing for the temporary management of oral surgical wounds, such as operative, postoperative, donor sites and traumatic injuries.
Sizes and Applications
- 5mm X 7mm plug: Anterior site. For anterior conical extraction sites
- 6mm X 8mm plug: For posterior conical extraction sites and sinus perforations
- 15mm X 15mm sheet: For mandibular molars and buccal roots of maxillary molars, 3rd molar after trimming. For small oral lesions, including sores, ulcers, cuts, lacerations, and abrasions of the oral mucosa.
Key Features and Benefits
- Designed for the management of bleeding and dry socket prevention.
- Completely resorbable within days (3 – 7 days)
- Non-allergenic, non-pyrogenic and non-immunogenic
- Especially suitable for problematic patients who may be prone to increased bleeding due to blood thinning medications or at high risk for dry socket due to smoking tobacco.
- Simple and easy to use. Just remove from the blister pack and place one of the plugs or sheets into the extraction or wound site and see how quickly the Benacel creates sticky matrices to clot blood fast, calming the wound site, and preventing infection.
- Benefits over collagen generated products is that in conical shape sockets there is no need to suture Benacel in place – this saves time for the doctor and reduces any additional pain inflicted on the patient.
- The great value and usability of Benacel make it ideal for routine usage on extractions.
- Benacel is made of proprietary regenerated oxidized cellulose.
Post-Extraction Wound Healing as Easy as 1,2,3
1. After extraction remove granulation tissue, 2. Pack 1 or 2 pieces of BenaCel dental dressing into the wound, and then 3. have the patient bite down on a sterile gauze pack until the bleeding stops.
Clinically Proven Proven Results