We are very pleased to offer the Duo Quattro system which is the newest and most innovative centrifuge from the inventor of PRF, Dr. Joseph Choukroun.
For decades Dr. Choukroun has dedicated himself to study and experiment with Platelet Rich Fibrin. His discoveries have led to new protocols which optimize the quality of PRF, both in its liquid (I-PRF®, S-PRF®) and solid state (A-PRF®).
The concept of PRF (Platelet Rich Fibrin) is based on the centrifugation of whole blood without anticoagulants. (J. Choukroun et al. 2001). At the end of the spin, a fibrin clot containing most of the platelets and white blood cells is obtained.
This fibrin clot called Platelet Riche Fibrin or PRF will gradually release growth factors and/or cytokines in the site (VEGF, PDGF, TGF Beta, Thrombospondin)
The expected objective of these growth factors is to accelerate soft tissue and bone healing.
Countless independent studies evaluating the effectiveness of the PRF generated by the Duo Quattro have been published, some of which are mentioned at the bottom of this page.
These protocols are pre-programmed on the centrifuge, making the production of PRF easy and predictable.
- Fujiooka-Kobayashi M, Miron RJ, Hernandez M, Kandalam U, Zhang y, Choukroun J. Optimized Platelet Rich Fibrin With the Lowe Speed Concept: Growth Factor Release, Biocompatibility and Cellular Response. J Periodontal 2017;88(1):112-121. Epub 2016 Sep 2.
- Hoaglin DR, Lines GK, Prevention of localized osteitis in mandibular third-molar sites using platelet-rich fibrin. International journal of dentistry. 2013;2013:875380
- Zhang Y, Tangl S , Huber CD, Lin Y, Qiu L, Rausch-Fan X, Effects of Choukroun’s platelet-rich fibrin on bone rengeration in combination with deprotonized bovine bone mineral in maxillary sinus augmentation: a histological and histomorphometric study. Journal of cranio-maxillo facial surgery: official publication of the European Association for Craino-Maxillo-Facial Surgery. 2012;40(4):321-8
- Agarwal SK, Jhingran R, Baines VK, Srivastava R, Maden R, Rizvi I. Patient-centered evaluation of microsurgical management of gingival recession using coronally advanced flap with platelet-rich fibrin or amnion membrane: a comparative analysis. European journal of dentistry. 2016;10(1):121-33
- Miron RJ, Fujioka-Kobayashi M, Bishara M, Zhang Y, Hernandez M, Choukroun J. Platelet-Rich Fibrin and Soft Tissue Wound Healing: A systematic Review. Tissue engineering Part B, Reviews.2016.
- Kim DH, Je YJ, Kim CD, Lee YH, Seo YJ, Lee JH, et al. Can Platelet-rich fibrin be used for skin rejuvenation? Evaluation of effects of platelet-rich fibrin on human dermal fibroblasts. Annals of dermatology. 20122;23(4):424-31″ />